Last Updated: 2018-08-16 03:34 UTC
BTW: Massassi is the best web site in the history of the universe! - Otterbine
| Screen of the Day
||Level of the Week
|Wednesday, August 15, 2018|
- Nikumubeki and Eversor Asked For This - Brian @ 8:33 pm
- Nikumubeki asked me to copy over some old stuff to the Massassi server. And Eversor demanded I update the main page. Here it is.
- SINE - Screenshots of a level Sine_Nomen was working on before his computer crashed and everything was lost :(
- JKL2OBJ - I'm not familiar with this, but the included tutorial video indicates that you can take a gob file and export the whole thing (jkl, referenced 3dos, textures, etc.) as an .obj file which can be used in 3dsmax
|Sunday, December 11, 2016|
- 2016 Holiday Logo Contest - Brian @ 9:43 pm
- As has been an (almost) annual tradition since 1998, we are now running the Massassi Temple Holiday Logo Contest. Add your submission to the forum thread and it will be uploaded to the 2016 Holiday Logo list and will soon be rotated on our main page (and maybe the forums). I've always appreciated the work and creativity put into these logos and I'd love to see what everyone comes up with this year! Thanks as always.
- Level Comments and Ratings are Back! - Brian @ 10:30 pm
- You should now be able to once again leave comments and ratings on the level information pages. This requires a Massassi account. All old accounts still exist with the old passwords. At this point there is no way to change your password, reset your password, or retrieve your password. I'm working on change and reset password but it will probably be at least another week. However, the only thing we ask for is a username, email address, and password so please feel free to register a new account if you can't get into your old one. Or contact us and I can figure out a way to let you back into your account.
Please start by playing and leaving feedback for the Death of Massassi Level Pack. I'm sure the authors would appreciate it!
- Star Wars Humble Bundle II - Brian @ 9:25 pm
- If you want some cheap old Star Wars games check out the Star Wars Humble Bundle II. It doesn't have Dark Force, JK, or MotS (the first one did) but some of the games look like they're worth checking out. Forum thread has some discussion as well.
- Level Comments/Ratings - Brian @ 9:22 pm
- I was hoping to have the level comments/ratings back up this weekend but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I have a few more things to clean up first. Hopefully next week. Sorry for the delay!
|Wednesday, February 24, 2016|
- Death of Massassi Level Pack Released! - Brian @ 11:12 pm
- I am happy to announce the Death of Massassi Level Pack! This is a set of levels submitted as part of the Massassi Level Pack: The Epilogue? forum thread. Big thanks and congratulations to all authors, contributors, and beta testers.
Unfortunately the level comments & ratings are still down so please leave (constructive and/or positive) feedback on the forums instead.
- New Jedi Knight Single Player Level: Life of Grismath - Brian @ 11:04 pm
- File: Life of Grismath
Author: Josh Stickler (Grismath) and Daniel Wilkes (Thrawn[numbarz])
Description: In 1997, we learned that we're not alone in the galaxy; this discovery changed the course of history and thrust humanity onto the galactic stage. And what a weird galaxy it is. After a variety of adventures, Grismath left Earth many years ago and has been roaming the galaxy. Now 68 years old, he must come to terms with his own mortality and think about his legacy.
- New Jedi Knight Single Player Level: TODOA 2- Duel at Belga Jer - Brian @ 10:45 pm
- File: TODOA 2- Duel at Belga Jer
Description: Only one fortress remains in the way of total Imperial control over the planet of Belga Jer. Home to a senile Jedi fugitive known as Yerkov, his capability for Battle Meditation still poses a threat to Imperial forces on the planet. Put an end to his pathetic existence.
- New Jedi Knight Single Player Level: Take-Off: Destiny of Alderaan - Brian @ 10:38 pm
- File: Take-Off: Destiny of Alderaan
Description: Make your way to the Moldy Crow to escape Alderaan before its destruction.
- New Jedi Knight Single Player Level: Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City - Brian @ 10:34 pm
- File: Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City
Description: An Imperial Defector has requested a rendezvous with Magrucko Daines at the 'Vertical City' of Nar Shaddaa.
- New Jedi Knight Multiplayer Level: Dash's Place - Brian @ 10:21 pm
- File: Dash's Place
Description: Come have a drink. This is a sprawling multiplayer level set in a city.
|Monday, February 22, 2016|
- Death of Massassi Level Pack Submissions Are Due - Brian @ 10:48 pm
- If you have a level for the Death of Massassi Level Pack please submit it right away. I'm going to be posting the submissions tomorrow evening.
- Submission Instructions Updated Again - Brian @ 10:45 pm
- I updated the submission instructions again. They now have a way to get to the main email address for the Massassi Staff (which is currently just me). This should help make it easier to submit (and reduce reliance on vbulletin, ugh).
|Saturday, February 20, 2016|
- Submission Instructions Updated - Brian @ 12:23 am
- I updated the submission instructions. If you have something you'd like to see on The Massassi Temple, head on over to learn how to submit it.
Soon I will start posting level/map/mod submissions again. Most of the other things we have historically posted (3dos, mats, cogs, etc.) don't get used often and are a pain to update so I'm probably not going to update those sections.
|Friday, February 19, 2016|
- Level Downloads Fixed - Brian @ 11:23 pm
- Level downloads are fixed. Please let me know if you have any problems. Best way to contact me is to use the contact us page on the forums. The email address linked on all my posts here is no longer valid (replace the .net with a .com and it will work, though).
I'll also be updating the submission instructions this weekend.
- Level Downloads Broken - Brian @ 3:42 pm
- Brandon let me know that level downloads are currently broken. This is simply an oversight on my part when I moved the server over. I will fix them this weekend, sorry for the issue.
- Searching for Imperial Indulgence - Brian @ 8:17 am
- Thrawn[numbarz] is searching for a level he created but seems to have disappeared. It's called Imperial Indulgence and is pictured in this SotD. If you have a copy, please get in touch in the thread. Since we're in 2016 I suppose I can safely embed an image in the main page.
|Saturday, February 6, 2016|
- Site & Forum Bugs - Brian @ 5:50 pm
- If you notice any site and/or forum bugs, please post them here. I know of the following so far:
Some improvements have also been made. I spent a few weeks going line-by-line through our custom PHP scripts and hopefully they're now a lot more secure than they were before. Also you may notice that all Massassi sites are now served over https (SSL).
- Forum user profile pages are messed up
- Tutorials page still needs to be updated (will try to get to this next week)
- Submission instructions and email addresses are down (will try to get to this in the next 2 weeks)
- Level commenting and rating is still not working (will try to get to this in the next 3 weeks)
- Times on the news/index page are in UTC (not sure if I care about this; may just add the time zone)
And some features that were not active have been removed. Specifically the Editor's Corner (which allowed people to post screenshots and notes (like blog entries, but before "blog" was a word) has been removed because it was insecure and rarely used.
- Show off your work in the Showcase Forum! - Brian @ 5:44 pm
- This site has historically been dedicated to the Dark Forces games (starting with Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight). However, most people have moved on to other games and I get that.
If you do any sort of editing for other games, please feel free to put it up on in the Showcase Forum. Not only can you get some praise and feedback, but if your work is cool I'll put it up as Screenshot of the Day. Which probably won't be daily but I'll try to update it at least once per week. (More if we get more submissions.)
© Copyright 1998-2016 Brian E. Lozier and Contributors
Nothing on this site is made, distributed, or supported by LucasArts Entertainment Company or Disney. This site was created by and is maintained by fans of Star Wars and Star Wars gaming.
Use and download all information/files at your own risk.