Last Stand Productions has a slightly new look. All the pages now use CSS, level 1 (including positioning).
For the end user, this means less loading time, as I don't have to use bulky tables and multiple FONT tags to render it the way I want. The downside is that it requires a 4.x+ browser (don't worry Opera users, it looks fine in 3.5).
Star Wars: Jedi Masters is now up and running. In the Jedi Archives section (download section) you can find a new version of the Money.cog in a package along with a bar.cog that will let you buy a drink. Also a new enemy is here, Lak (wolf-man) Pirate is also downloadable at Star Wars: Jedi Masters.
Versions 2.10/1.47 of JkEdit contain some new features:
Versions 2.10/1.47 of JkEdit contain a few important bug fixes:
- The Create Light function has been improved
- The KEY section of the JKL files was not generated correctly
- Moving of vertices were broken
- The Ghost color was not correctly rendered
I want to apologize for the SWTTC's A New Hope levels not being released yet. We have been experiencing some difficulties with the Death Star. Not to worry though! The other levels are right on track, and we will strive to get the ANH levels released as soon as possible! To keep everyone interested in the project, I am going to be releasing a new screenshot each day this week to the major news sites. The first one is here! Let me explain one thing about this shot. It is very much real. The shot is from JED and was NOT doctored! This is a little sample of what we are doing and what is to come. Thanks!While I'm not quite sure why he thought people would be suspicious of the shot being doctored, it does look pretty damn cool :)
Added The WinAPI OLE Quick Tutorial by Frank Kreuger, An introduction document to the WinAPi about OLE (Object Linking and EmBedding), may help some of those aspiring to write a Jed Plugin. On the Documents Page.
Added Chomper.zip ver 1.0 by Frank Kreuger. A JK CMP Palette utility, Can create gradients, and a sort of scale feature for making things like a blue scale map. On the Jed Downloads Page.
The LucasGames Network is pleased to announce the launching of PodRacers.Com, the latest addition to the LG Network dedicated to providing the online gaming community with the very latest news, files, strategy and resources for Star Wars: Episode I Racer! We're anticipating the name DNS to kick in this evening or early tomorrow, but you can still bookmark the site effectively. Please take a look around the site and enjoy.
The new ``Stars Wars'' movie made $28.5 million on its opening day, shattering the box-office record set in 1997 by ``The Lost World: Jurassic Park.'' (AP)...and on a Wednesday even! Also...
``Everyone wants to see this movie, and we thought it would be fun to send our whole company,'' said Steven J. Lund, president and chief executive of Provo, Utah-based cosmetics seller Nu Skin Enterprises, which reserved a theater for all 1,600 employees and one guest each.I don't remember them doing that for Titanic... Anyway, I'm very very curious to see how it does through the weekend...
After a few days work of texturing I (Last Stand Productions dude) finally finished the HK U-MP5. Here are some screenshots: Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2. I'll probably have the cog work done by tomorrow.The screenshots look amazing, as always.
- The models for the game were created with Maya from Alias|Wavefront. Its a pretty expensive package and I wouldn't expect too many people in the community to have it installed, but if they do, we will release the model exporter if at all possible. There may be legal issues about releasing Maya plug-in DLLs (called MLLs) that I'm not aware of, but barring that, our intention is to release all the tools including that one. We'll release the file format to anyone interested in writing a similar exporter for 3DStudio or whatever. Its a fairly simple format.
- Since we don't use a BSP system, exporting a level can be quite a bit faster than Quake, unless you really crank up the lighting detail level. Most of the levels can export on a decent machine in under 10 minutes. We don't have varying levels of detail for the geometry processing like Quake, just a few sliders for the lighting resolution, etc. Most of the export time is lighting, not geometry calculations.
- The size of a single level segment (called NIL files, for Nihilistic Interactive Level) is (spatially) about 2X the max size for a Quake2 level. This restriction is mainly just something set in the editor, so it could certainly be easily increased if necessary. Each NIL file can also have multiple NSD files which define where objects are placed in the level, so you can actually make one room and have multiple sets of "contents" for the room that change over time or whatever. NSD = Nihilistic Scene Definition.
I just got done scanning, thumbnailing, captioning and uploading Day 2 of our Eł trip. Enjoy.
I'm still trying to find the other half of the day 2 pics. So please note that the addy for Day 2 might change. I'm still going to do day 3 tomorrow whether I find them or not.