Author: Brian Lozier
It is recommended that you work through the first Ramps Tutorial. We will begin here using the following project that I suggested saving in the last
Note: this is before the bottom cleaved sector was deleted!
Another thing, for this tutorial, since there are more precise cleaves required,
I have switched the grid dots to 0.1, and the snap to 0.1. As I just said, this
will allow you make more precise cleaves.
- The first step in this tutorial is to cleave the bottom cleaved sector
(the one selected above) just below the original cleave, like illustrated
- Now making sure the SECTOR shown above is highlighed, switch to the top
view using [shift+1].
- You will notice that the sector now looks square, but remember, it is
slanted upwards, you just can't see it from this view.
- Now it's time to make 2 cleaves, creating a ramp in the center of your
room, going up. Follow the diagram below to see where to make the cleaves.
I suggest switching back and forth between side and top view to make sure
you have the correct sectors selected before cleaving!
Note: if you did it correctly, your side view should still look like this:
- Now, almost done already! Make sure the sector below is highlighted,
and delete it!
- Below is the finished product, textured for clarity of course:
Copyright © 1998-2003 Respective Authors &
The Massassi Temple