The Massassi Temple Level Pack 3
The long awaited Massassi Level Pack 3 features the 8 best levels from our third level contest. For a complete list of levels and authors, as well as a bunch of screenshots, please click here.
Other than that...IT ROCKS!!!!
And be sure we're waiting for the 4th contest :))
Its Like Christmas is already Here!!!!
As for level packs, if this keeps up I will only have level packs in my directory, (with the exceptions of: Duel of the Fates by hothrebel, Jedi's Highschool by PeD_HeAd, and Morpheus by Bug, and possibly purgatory, as those levels also have a permanent residence on my (c:) drive)
Keep up the good work and Merry Christmas!
And also, gameplay is awesome in most of these levels. I don't see any big reason why its not.
I thought that the Temple of Ice and Wind wasn't good enough to make the pack because of the horrible framrates but thats not to say bug is pathetic level maker because I like his creation of "Morpheus" and other levels. I think it should be replaced by ASF.
Overall, the pack was decent. I give it a 8, very good with a month to make these.
I also noticed that some people didn't accredit the places from which they acquired textures. That displeases me, and no, it's not because they were mine. I don't believe any textures of mine were used with the exception of the crate in Home_Sliced's level for which I was credited for. Just use this as a note, it's only fair that you credit where you get your resources.
Rated from highest to least favorite-
1) Oy'glah'th- Excellent level, I think this level plays the best out of them all, excellent atmosphere, although the sounds sounded kinda rough.
2) Castle of Ice and Wind- I'm a big sucker for levels in the winter time, and this level's design was very 'Death-match' like, which I enjoy.
3) Hard Vacuum- As long as no force is on, this level is great for saber's and I've had lots of fun playing this. With full force though, one destruction blast hurts a lot of people...=)
4) Death's Dome- When I first ran through this I wasn't that fond of the level, but when you play it with other peeps it really shines.
5) Warehouse- The level is decent, but I didn't have too much fun the several times I've played it as it sometimes get's a bit choppy on my P2 450.
6) Dry Heat- Lots of people like this, and I've probably played this one the most, but it just feels a bit...boxed in? I know there's lots of open spaces, and the architecture and 3do's are outstanding, it's just not my type of a level. Seen too many tunnels like that in JK...=(
7) Hoodwink- Err...don't know why, but this level looks pretty, but is sooo small. I don't want a huge level, but it just seemed too small. *No flames please!*
8) Subway- I thought this level wasn't really MLP3 qualitity. Besides the good 3do's the architecture seemed boxy. Also too many dead ends like someone stated before. While I don't always judge a level by its looks, this one didn't play that great either. *At least the times I've played it*
*No flames please! We all have our opinions*
I give the pack a 7/10...
Castle of Ice and Wind, the only problem with that one was really bad FPS since most of the area he created is not usable( the area around the mountains) and Dry Heat was very nicely done. I found the subway too dark for my tastes. And I found a few of them to be just not that much fun. I'm no level editor and not saying how they should be done, I'm just putting my opinion on them, as most level editors will apprecriate any comments. I Hope I have not offended anyone with this post. Overall I find MLP3 to be alright, maybe with more people in a game it can be more fun.
... Oh, and plasma man, you say that this lvl should have been removed and replaced with ASF becuz of framrate?!?... you insult me... be gone FOOL!! also read my above comment :) and while your at it get a 128mg agp GeForce4, you will never worry about framerate in ANY game again.
P.S. I do believe, however that subway station could easily have been replaced with ASF, but im not a judge, so i better shut up...
It's really amazing the connection you feel among even the other authors in the level pack as you play through the levels together. /me comes out of sentimental mode
Anyway, to the one or maybe even two of you who ever read this comment, may you always remember the good ol' days of JK! JK forever! Glad to see you checkin' up on the important stuff, Strike Eagle! :)
3D Preview developed by Stephan Reiter