The Massassi Temple » Files » Jedi Knight Single Player Level
It's been almost three years since Kyle Katarn saved the galaxy from the evil madman, Jerec. It appears as though everything is on the up and up for the Republic. However, in a distant corner of the galaxy, the planet Mera Himbgie is home to about twenty thousand Imperial prisoners who have no idea that the Republic is as strong as it is. But, when you, Prisoner EX193878, hurt yourself in the mine, you decide that it is the perfect opportunity to escape. Visit the Tides Of The Force website at http://users.rcn.com/beanhead/TOTF for more information.Screenshots:
|WhiteHamster||Posted: 06/21/01 22:44 Report AbuseI liked this one. Keep it up!! I gave it a .. 10. Am I too nice? I really want to be. :) Cutscenes and all, I wanna see more from this author.
|AKPiggott||Posted: 06/27/01 23:50 Report AbuseI quite liked this level. Sure, the architecture was boxy in places, there were often too many enemies in one area and the lift moved painfully slow. But the level had a very non-linear design, which I liked, although going in the wrong direction could lead to quite a bit of backtracking.
I don't know if I qualify strictly as a beta tester, because I didn't get very far in the public beta and only delivered a couple of comments to the author. However, I'm pretty sure one or two of those comments were considered for the final release.
I eagerly await the SE.
|Dice_Ibegon||Posted: 09/14/01 23:24 Report AbuseGreat job guy, it's one of the best sp level I did. Nice story, realistic. I like to use the force any saber thought :-/ 9/10|
|Connemara||Posted: 11/03/03 21:31 Report AbuseGood concept, good level. :) Will there be more?|
|IGF_Cobra||Posted: 03/19/04 22:34 Report AbuseGreat level! I really liked it. I will point out the few parts I think could have been improved. I list them in their order of importance (in my opinion), with the biggest flaws first. Consider the rest as pretty much flawless :)
1) Longer level!!
2) I liked the fact that I didn't have to think and try for half an hour to get through each part of the level, but a slight tad of itsy bitsy teeny weeny more puzzles could be interesting.
3) Two weapons for an entire level? It's somewhat realistic and all, but I think there should be a supply room or two (or something more original - I'm sure you can think of something).
4) Somewhat related to the above; a more varied opposing force would be nice. You could e.g. have the lion-like (I think they look like lions) cronies from the beginning of the main game levels start a fist-fight down in the mines or something like that. Other alternatives could be a Rodian delegation on a tour, etc.
5) The ventilation shafts should be hidden with a breachable grate, or with a small door or something
6) The doors should fill the "door-slots" completely.
7) The three control panels at the red key overlapped, and that didn't look too good
8) Too few enemies, in numbers, and where there were several, they were usually near some corner or tight spot where I could pick them down easily. An ambush could be interesting, at least towards the end, when the guards would know I was escaping.
9) I couldn't shut down the sensors in the comm.-center, it seems. I could finish the level, but that objective was never accomplished. It could be that I did something wrong, but I couldn't find more than one button in the comm.-center, and nothing happened when I pressed the one I could find (the one beneath the screen).
Now I'd like to point out some of the parts I enjoyed the most (in no particular order):
1) Blue sign -] blue key
Yellow sign -] yellow key
That's logical, easy to understand and just the way we like it
2) The cargo area-thing was great, it simulated street combat quite well -- The enemies popped up here and there. Great fun!
3) The ventilation shafts were made so that they didn't go quite straight. That's a big improvement over most shafts, where they are in long horizontal or vertical lines. The downside with the shafts were that they were quite long
4) Nice layout of the level, nice variation and nice and varying "wall-shapes".
5) The cutscene was very nice, although some of the outermost text was quite far into space before I could see it, and then it was somewhat small.
That was all I could think of right now. All in all a very good level, and I definately want to see more from you :)
Add a Comment | Register for Commenting System
© Copyright 1998-2016 Brian E. Lozier and Contributors
Nothing on this site is made, distributed, or supported by LucasArts Entertainment Company or Disney. This site was created by and is maintained by fans of Star Wars and Star Wars gaming. Use and download all information/files at your own risk.