The Massassi Temple » Files » MotS Mod
- Lightsabers are partially transparent with a flickering effect and light motion blur. Looks much more like the movies! - Ten lightsaber colors to choose from in-game - Lightsaber moves are quicker, damage is much more balanced, and length of damage possibility during attacks is maximized - Blocking now features light motion trails and saber movement sounds - You can block other lightsabers more often while attacking with your lightsaber - Switch your lightsaber off quickly with the Lightsaber Switch, and then hold the lightsaber in your hand until you press the activation switch again, attack, throw the saber, or change weapons - Lightsaber ignites more quickly - Cool new lightsaber holding stance - Stab by pushing Forward or Backward + Fire 2 + Slow or Duck, or Forward + Fire 2 while jumping - Utilize fast circular swings by moving the mouse sharply left or right and pressing Fire 1 - Saber moves have higher priority, so don't worry about them messing up while jumping or using force anymore - Choose from a ton of great Jedi skins from various eras of Star Wars history for all MotS personalities - New lightsaber and character sound/voice effects - Evade in eight directions - perform a forward jedi flip, back handspring, or roll to get yourself out of a bind - Knock enemies away by performing powerful hook kicks regardless of what weapon you have in your hand - Force Saber Throw is improved tenfold: faster, better-looking, appropriate sounds - Lasers hurt Single Player enemies MUCH more - instead of it taking like 2-10 shots to kill, it's now 1-3 - All saber models feature a new, more-detailed saber handle - New saber powerup model (exactly the same handle as the one you see in your hand) - Laser and lightning models also feature Star Wars movie-like glowing effects - Force Push now pushes everyone in sight - including droids - Force Jump now serves several functions: press Force Jump while rising and perform a flip that gives you an extra boost of velocity, and press Force Jump while falling to slow down and prevent damage. Also, it no longer makes your right hand and weapon disappear, although there's no more sparkly thingies - Targeting force powers are modified so that targeting itself isn't delayed. In other words, you can instantly pull guns from multiple enemies in rapid succession and instantly target someone to blind, grip, or fry with chain lightning - Force Grip costs more mana, since it's so powerful even in its otherwise unmodified state - Force Defense is now 25% damage protection per star set, and likelihood of defense against grip is 25% chance per star - Dark Mara (outside the Sith Temple and in add-on levels) is no longer cheap with chain lightning - Textures in levels don't blur until you're really far away - IR Goggles turn off appropriately after falling down a pit with them on and respawning - Force Destruction now displays an icon on the screen like the other force powers. Just a nice, small touch :> - Look for the JK version of SBX soonScreenshots:
|MechWarrior||Posted: 07/14/01 20:44 Report AbuseWoh you are very good at discribing it! Good mod I give it 10!|
|Gethro||Posted: 07/14/01 20:48 Report AbuseGREAT!!
This is the best MotS mod I have EVER seen!!
those are a WHOLE LOTTA SKINS too!
|Darth Maul||Posted: 07/14/01 21:10 Report AbuseWow, loooonnnnnggggg description lol, looks good, I wish I could download but, MY JEDI KNIGHT DISK 2 IS BUSTED!!!!!!! I tried reinstalling mots but it requires jk disk to to run the first time!!!!!! so, as soon as I am able to use mots I will download this...|
|KageboushiGen||Posted: 07/14/01 21:42 Report AbuseIf the scale was higher I would give this mod a 100. This is a great mod. Easy to play and very very stable. I commend ShadowX for compiling this. I foresee this to be the sabre mod to end all sabre mods.
|Darth Tristan||Posted: 07/15/01 01:11 Report AbuseLotsa Features!!! Lol!!!!! It's still downloading for me, i'll finish this comment after I play it!!!!!
Finaly, Glowing Sabers for MotS!!
|ShadowX||Posted: 07/15/01 01:42 Report AbuseIt's a shame the screenshots got so warped... when I release Saber Battle X - JK (very soon) and Saber Battle X - MotS v1.1 (soon after SBX-JK v1.0), I'll make it a priority to make good 512x384 screenshots.|
|Firestorm||Posted: 07/15/01 02:30 Report AbuseYay its finally out... Well finally a glowsaber mod for MOTS and its so much more then that. Looks incredibly good too. Also the skins were a definate nice touch to this mod.|
|Emon||Posted: 07/15/01 03:11 Report AbuseOh! One more thing I've always thought needs to be in a saber mod. A reverse-lightsaber hold, like Adi Gallia in Jedi Power Battles.
You should be able to press a toggle button to switch from standard lightsaber to the reverse kind, and then use it like Ninja To (Okay, you usually use two of them, but o well :] ). It would take a lot more KEYing, but would be easily implemented. Just change the PUP when ya press a button. :)
Hope my suggestions help..and I hope they werent annoying ;)
|Emon||Posted: 07/15/01 03:15 Report AbuseIncredible mod! I give it a 9. Skins were great, especially the ones from Tales of the Jedi. Sabers just plain owned, and all the moves were great. I simply have 1 suggestion for that next version...add a Fire 3 mode for the saber! It's VERY easy to make, and doesn't needed to be implemented on all guns. I remember talking to you about it (ShadowX) in a game of Ninja Kage 6 once.. :) Okay, anyways, there's a tutorial at Millennium for it. Fire 3 should randomly pick from 2-4 different moves.
Also, the kick seemed a little glitchy...if I was spinning while I used it, I spun REALLY fast like 3 times around. Was it supposed to do that? *confused*
Anyways, this mod KICKS A--!! Go get it now!
|BoL_Pretender||Posted: 07/15/01 14:56 Report AbuseExcellent work ShadowX, you have done what I believe is the first Glowsaber mod for MOTS and, boy, did you enhance it further. =)
Your mod actually prompted me to reinstall MOTS today and I will be recommending this mod to friends/clan members who play MOTS and will be recommending your JK version when it comes out as well.
I give this mod a 10 and already recommened it on boards.theforce.net 's Jedi Council Forum Games section.
Oh yes and truth be told, this is a lot better then Guardians of the Galaxy (GOTG). GOTG got too boring lightsaber dueling wise whereas here it's exciting and different and nice and hehe. =)
|Wampa Beast||Posted: 07/15/01 15:09 Report AbuseYeah!! Now we can get that key in the Shadow Estate!|
|Rulefreak||Posted: 07/15/01 18:36 Report AbuseAt first I thought ohh just another saber mod but it's long since I had a Mots mod so I decicded to try it out anyway and the only thing I can say is WOW ... I can't remember when I last had so much fun just playing around with a saber :) A very good done job I must say :) Now I'm looking forward to a mood that will give you two sabers (not really related) :) The evade key is also very cool even though it looks a little funny when you jump back.|
|Doublefake||Posted: 07/15/01 19:45 Report Abusegood mod, to bad no one really plays mots....|
|BoL_Pretender||Posted: 07/15/01 19:55 Report AbuseWell maybe with a mod like this now more people WILL play MOTS. But it was funny as well I played it in MOTS today, and the other players were trying to learn the mod and keys.
So im lightsaber dueling and all 3 of them turned off thier sabers in mid battle then start screaming and swearing at me because they turned off saber in mid duel when I couldn't avoid the swing fast enough and ended up killing them, therby A) stopping thier own saber from blocking mine B) allowing my saber to slice the player up.
Silly players lol. But anyway with the JK version this MOD will be a bigger hit I figure. =)
|goku3||Posted: 07/15/01 20:29 Report AbuseI THINK THE SABER BATTLES X MODFOR MOTS IS AWESOME BUT I HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS WHY NOT MAKEA MOD TO WHERE WHEN YOU SLICE THEM WITH THE SABER THAT PART OF THERE BODY COMES OFF WHEN THEY DIE LIKE SLICING PEOPLE IN HALF AND THEY FALL IN TWO HALFS AND STUFF AND WHEN YOU SLICE THERE ARM IT FALLSOFF IT WOULD BE COOL|
|KageboushiGen||Posted: 07/16/01 00:17 Report AbuseTo quote RS Thrawn:
"You really can fight like a Jedi, and it will lend itself to uncalculable time in role-playing famous SW saber battles. It makes the 'Z' key engine of JK/Mots feel like Pong."
I can't get over the "Pong" analogy.
|Shadow Cloud||Posted: 07/16/01 02:26 Report AbuseCan you guys help me? I keep on getting some werid zipping error when extracting the goo file. It says something about "bad intergrity code". |
|BoL_Pretender||Posted: 07/16/01 04:46 Report AbuseShadow Code you have to re-download the zip file as your first download got corrupted.
|l kr˙pto§ l||Posted: 07/16/01 08:17 Report AbuseThis is by far the greatest sabers mod that has ever been made.
Whats even better is that you will actually be updating, which means that it will only get better.
I gave this a 10.
|ShadowX||Posted: 07/16/01 09:04 Report AbuseI'm really glad you all like SBX =)
The JK version is pretty much complete, although I need to make sure Force Heal works correctly now (for targeting and healing other players in MP games). Look for it really soon! After that, I will add the new JK features to a SBX-MotS v1.1.
Now, to respond to questions and suggestions:
Regarding reverse saber holding, lightstaffs, dual lightsabers, and extended lightsabers (which wasn't mentioned, but hey... might as well mention all saber types), I actually am able to do ANY of these things. However, it would take a lot of work to implement such different saber types - namely for dual sabers and lightstaffs since they would require all new animations (I don't want to use any current lightstaff animations). I definitely am considering taking the immense effort and time to create a sequel to SBX that would feature ALL if not MOST of these saber types. Naturally, that would be awesome... and I do have the know-how to put together something like that... but, it would take a ton of hard work to get it together.
As for the kick, it is supposed to be the way it is. Nevertheless, I gave more of a degree of control in the JK version while kicking.
For a Fire 3, I can't do that in JK obviously, since it limits new keys to 3 and I already have all 3 filled. I'm not sure it's really necessary in MotS, either. That's not to say I'm totally ruling it out though... we'll see.
Regarding the back handspring, I realize how goofy it looks when other animations interfere with it. Therefore, in SBX-JK, the move had utmost priority so nothing interferes. Makes for great, smooth back flips!
Chopping off limbs: When making Ninja Kage, I attempted random decapitations. LOL. Unfortunately, the head stayed gone after respawning. There may be a way to get limbs back - in fact, I have one in mind right now - but I'm not sure I want to spend time trying to get that to work right now.
|THEFORCELORD||Posted: 07/16/01 12:36 Report AbuseShadow you didn't tell me you were posting the mod so soon!! I was a play tester on this thing and let me tell you it rocks. Yet again what of the best mods around from the maker of ninja kage. Great job. As of now I like the JK version better but since he is going to upgrade the MOTS one to include the stuff from the JK version it won't matter much. Oh and shadow is quite right about the head never coming back after being chopped off, I should know since I was the guy running around with no head! Hehe.|
|S0ldi3rZ3r0||Posted: 07/16/01 15:21 Report AbuseThis is a very nice mod (though it took me a little while to realize that i had to bind "saber color change" and "saber activation toggle" to differen't keys). Quite frankley, the screenshots don't do it justice, and it is one of the best mods i've played in a long time.|
|Lonepadawan||Posted: 07/16/01 19:29 Report AbuseThis is what I have been waiting for all these years! Now when all the features above are implemented, I have yet to find a *Good* Glowstaff with trails that lets you change colour, I hope you do add everything above, Oh yeah and it would be cool if saber throw was like it looks in jedi outcast (See the flms) |
|ENA_Yushiro||Posted: 07/16/01 19:58 Report AbuseI knew when I first saw those pics you gave me that this mod would be awesome...But when I played it, it was even better. I give it a 10.
|jp-30||Posted: 07/16/01 21:35 Report AbuseI DL'd this on BoL's recommendation on the Theforce.net Games board.
It's the BEST mod I've ever played for JK or MotS. I ran round spaceport by myself for 2 hours last knight trying different key-binding combos. I found binding the new "evade" feature to my old "jump" button worked very well indeed!
Of course, now I have to learn to play in "3rd person camera" mode.
Can't wait to take out my kid brother in a proper MP game :)
Looking forward to v1.1
|MONTAR||Posted: 07/17/01 01:50 Report AbuseYou get a 10 for this one.|
|Evil_Tofu||Posted: 07/17/01 20:12 Report AbuseThis is one great mod! D/L immediately! For JK-SBX, you know how in team play, how team members can't kill each other? What if you made it so that if Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon could fight Darth Maul together and not be killed? Because that always happens to me! P.S. I gave it a ten!|
|Emon||Posted: 07/17/01 22:33 Report AbuseThe only downside to SBX for JK is that you'd have to strip the hotkeys down to 3. Actually, you could do 4. Just overwrite the IR Goggles. No one uses those. They suck, they make it HARDER to see! Besides, when your a Jedi, why do you need that when you have Force Seeing?
Btw, there's a Heal Other in this mod? Or is that the JK one?
|ShadowX||Posted: 07/20/01 00:44 Report AbuseActually, I made the IR goggles really good in SBX-JK, so I'm not taking them out. Also, I did put a Heal Other in it which heals you or others for 25% per star.|
|WilliamWallace||Posted: 07/24/01 21:50 Report AbuseAmazing! I've never seen such an impressive mod for MotS! The skins were excellent, the saber moves were astounding, and it's great for MP or SP! I loved playing through the MotS campaign with this mod. Can't wait for Saber Battle X for JK!
|MystikS4||Posted: 07/30/01 18:04 Report AbuseAWSOME MOD I GAVE IT A 10. oh and idea if you do decide to implement cutting of limbs it would be cool if you finished someone by cleaving them in half|
|starsoldier2||Posted: 08/16/01 18:27 Report AbuseEasily the best saber mod ever created, way behind SPORK. Definetly a 10! I can't wait for the JK version.|
|ShadowX||Posted: 08/22/01 09:48 Report AbuseI have gotten the inspiration to work on the next version of SBX =) Here's what I plan on doing:
- Fix all bugs
- Fix cosmetic issues such as red saber brightness, KEY priorities, pointy white core in saber, and active damage problems
- Change Bryar bolt to yellow to match JK2
- Attempt to replace the forward Jedi flip with one that causes you to turn around in midair; easier for flipping over and facing opponents. One can still do a normal flip via Force Jump.
In addition, I may possibly add the following:
- New Dark Jedi MP skins
- Add extended lightsaber with trails to replace a normal weapon with new, decent moves and about 60% strength of normal saber due to extension/power loss
- Lightstaff with trails to replace a normal weapon with new, decent moves
- Reverse-held saber with trails (like Adi-Gallia)
- New moves for standard saber
As far as I know, it isn't possible to do dual sabers with trails. Even if it is through a way I'm thinking of, it would be excessive work to make four versions of every skin in order to accommodate left sabers with trails. It's unfortunate, really, since dual sabers would be my favorite. Still, I will look into this as much as I can—perhaps there is an efficient way.
|ShadowX||Posted: 08/29/01 07:36 Report AbuseTo see my progress updates on SBX2 and perhaps make suggestions that I could respond to faster than here, go the the RS Message Board at:
|Nemesis_X||Posted: 09/03/01 17:16 Report AbuseAh I finally ffound it for MOTS. I gave it a ten because I know what to expect and the JK version is excelent. I'm still playing with this mod in JK. I have to hand it to ya, no one has ever been able to keep me occupied for a month with their mod(damn you're good). Now I'll never get bored with it when I play it on MOTS, due to the fact that theres a hell of a lot more force powers and more weapon accessories. You should make a version 2.0 of this mod for JK and MOTS only with the lightstaff added in.
Later, LJ_Nemesis_X_1(zone name)
|ShadowX||Posted: 09/08/01 06:06 Report AbuseJedi Knight: Cynosure (http://www.jedicynosure.com) was kind enough to host a forum dedicated to SBX and SBX2. You can find it here:
|The_Cid||Posted: 11/03/01 13:48 Report AbuseOnly one word to define SBX: PERFECT!
I don't know if i can live until 2.0 is released :o)
|Chief_Thunder_||Posted: 11/03/01 17:33 Report AbuseShadow, you are the BOMB! This is the best mod I have ever played! I gave this a 10. By the way, do you have a release date for sbx2? I can't wait, all my friends love it, you are awesome! Keep up the good work!|
|DarkRahn||Posted: 01/06/02 03:05 Report AbuseDefinite 10! I love the rolling and the fast saber swings, not to mention the skins. One thing tho', i want a Darth Maul saber like he has is The Phantom Menace.
I give it a 10 anyway tho'.
Add a Comment | Register for Commenting System
© Copyright 1998-2016 Brian E. Lozier and Contributors
Nothing on this site is made, distributed, or supported by LucasArts Entertainment Company or Disney. This site was created by and is maintained by fans of Star Wars and Star Wars gaming. Use and download all information/files at your own risk.