Saber Battle X - MotS 3.0
The Massassi Temple » Levels/Mods » MotS Mod » Saber Battle X - MotS 3.0
Changes in v3.0:
- In-game message and player list font is clearer and easier to read.
- Sith lightsaber featuring new moves, sounds, color change, and light motion trail capability is added to the Bowcaster weapon slot. Note that it is slightly weaker than the lightsaber, but allows for the most finesse in your attacks.
- Long lightsaber featuring color change and light motion trail capability is added to the Concussion Rifle weapon slot. Since the energy is extended twice as long as a normal lightsaber, damage is the least and attacks are somewhat more limited in terms of finesse, but the incredible range more than makes up for that.
- New and improved lightsaber blades and motion trails to more closely reflect the style of the movie effects.
- Five lightsaber fighting stances for the single-bladed sabers and two for the Sith saber can be toggled at will.
- Lightsaber damage of all sabers can be turned on or off for the purposes of training.
- New lightsaber hilts per saber color for the single-bladed lightsabers.
- Four new single-bladed lightsaber moves and old double slash reassignment.
- Force Saber Throw is now quasi-controllable and much more useful. All lightsabers can be thrown and the path they travel in the air depends on which direction you're moving (if at all). Since the lightsaber remains on the entire time (unless you switch it off or switch weapons), the amount of damage and range possible are more realistic. Consequently, thrown sabers can also be blocked by other Jedi or Sith and can pass through people, walls, and objects.
- I've added and replaced many skins and have fixed many errors. Also, they all have their correct right hands now-finally, no more Kyle hands on everyone!
- Much more!
# of Ratings:
Register for Commenting System or Log In
Register for Commenting System
I believe ShadowX is going to release a JK version of this mod as well. It just so happened that his development path took him to make this MotS version first.
And of course, another obvious 10 for the producer, director, and author of Ninja Kage and the SBX series!
People... I'm sure he's gonna release it for JK as well. Thats what he did with SBX 1.0 and 2.0. Patience.
As a matter of fact, I started on SBX3-JK today and am already 70% complete since it's mostly a matter of copying and sorting of files. The only real obstacle I have is to add the new hotkeys I want: Force Saber Throw, Force Push, Saber Stance, Saber Damage, and Toggle Trails. JK limits new keys to just three unlike MotS, so I need to find another way. I have a really good idea I'm going to explore now: replacing useless keys like Next Weapon, Prev. Weapon, Free Look, Slide Toggle, etc. I hope it works, since it's the best possible way. The only other way is replacing items, but it would be rather cumbersome to have to go through your item inventory to do things that should be on hotkeys. Of course, that's what I'll do if I absolutely must.
If there's a v4.0, ohhhhhhhhhhh....*!
I haven't downloaded this yet, 9 megs ain't easy on a 56K, but it looks fantastic. I envy the beta testers of this version ;)
I could tell you how much it rocked to play this out in our clan. See new things and get very exited at the thought of it being released to you all. But I don't need to tell you that. Download it, play it and see for yourself. Thats why it was created. To bring sabre battles into their eliment.
Though there is no way near the same amount of levels on offer to the public as there is within j/k. The only level you will need to d/l is Hale Haven. Combined with SBX MOTS v3 you will never want to leave.
Thankyou Shadow for allowing us the first insight into your work on this mod. I'm sure your next for j/k will also rock as much as this one.
*Remember: If all else fails.....RUNNNN!!
If your problem is completely different, then nevermind.
First off: the stances are punk rock. Really well done job on those!
second is the color issue: Best to date. The tweaking you did on them made them just right (I may like those colors better than glowsaber's now) Also like the handle switch as well. What could be better is trying to find a way on multiplayer to choose your own handle instead of color (think so?)
the standing secondary firing mode is way better than what was first on there. Good job on it as well.
Skin selection is outstanding. I've never seen such a library of skins on a mod that doesn't hold that as the main priority.
10. That easy.
And as I always say,
Keep it up!
Good mod Shadow, I especially like the new Saber Throw.
SECONDLY: I have to say that I agree with Darth J. you guys really have to leave gotg alone. They're BOTH very good mods and think what would happen if darth J and or Tie got disheartened and left jedi knight editing. It would be a devestating blow to the JK community.
The new stances are great as it adds a bit more character to your multiplayer character (Got to watch out for civvies when using that 'Jerec' stance though!). I think the 'Gorc' stance is OK but if you run forward with an extended saber you should be able to lance them instead of raising it into a running position.
I like the idea of removing saber damage for training purposes but someone needs to make a full blown Jedi Fighting Dojo or Training Area (with a ring and stuff).
Nice work ShadowX!
because yesterday I spent 2 hours waiting for it to d/l I finaly gave up
Well thanks to you I can train with this mod before its released :D
- Choosing saber handles vs color: This would be impossible in JK and MotS due to the nature of the lightsaber models in SBX. There's no way to separate the two since two meshes can't be set at the same time (the reason for apparent impossibility of dual glowsabers), and there's not enough room to add any more models to the saber COGs. I'm currently using three models per color with the unlit hilts in a separate COG—one stationary blade, one small trail, and one bigger trail. This amounts to 30 models, whereas the maximum allowed is 32 in JK and only a little more in MotS. I find that different handles per color provides the best deal of variety possible, however. It would be great if I could find decent new Sith lightsaber hilts as well.
- Flip with a half twist: I would LOVE to have such a move at my disposal, so I have already tried to create this effect in JK. Unfortunately, it seems to be impossible to force your character to turn a little by himself in the air, and it would look odd to do the animation but land facing the same way you jumped; you'd have to manually turn around to get it right. If there was some way to detect turning in midair and change your current animation to the half twist, that would be great. I suppose I'll look into that approach later on.
- Release date of SBX3-JK: I'm practically finished with the conversion already. See the SBX Forum for details at www.jedicynosure.com.
- SBX Site Down: I realize that 0catch is not going to cut it. I'm going to move the site to a decent server and hopefully I'll be able to get them to change the URL on this page.
You guys sure take this seriously...don't you have something else to do...?
(While I'm here, nice work ShadowX.)
When you throw your saber single or double your hand comes off.
I found this out by useing slowmo, it is very useful. Anyway No worries Later and keep up the good work.
Besides, there is really no reason to have any negative stance towards other mods since you'll get nothing out of it.
IF I HAD 10 OUT OF A 100 I WHOULD GIVE IT 100
btw it would be cool if u could do some "special moves" for different charter or saber stances. I hope that its not impossible to do that
I'm just waiting this for JK.
And please people stop those comments "GotG sucks" and others. Its good mod too
Pity it still has the SBX invincible staff(tm) but at least there is SOME balaance added. The extended in particular is much more useful and people are now using it.
(ps. love the ep2 skins)
This is, once again, the best lightsaber modification out there. I can't wait for the JK version. I like the new saber animations, too. The new skins are good.
I gave it a '10'.
Why not make a third fire mode (like in EP) so that the long lightsaber can be a mode on the normal saber (that's how it would REALLY have worked for a Jedi) so that weapon 9 can be TWO sabers (like Boc).
Also, you're starting to lean into EP territory, so why not explore third fire modes and so on? (those weapon effects are too good to pass that up) I know it's called Saber Battle X, but it could go even further than that!
Still, what's there is fantastic. Also, by adding a third fire mode, you could keep the Bow Caster and Concussion Rifle. They aren't the best weapons in the world, but there are some people that like them.
By the way, if you do third fire modes, Hideki can't have a go at you because he released the tutorials on the net and has given up (so I believe) JK editing.
Talk over, if I could do it, I would, but I can't :( Nice work though. Where is the 11 rating when you need it?
My only complaint is that almost all other mods - lie mods with more or other skins - are incompatible... But thats not ShadowX's fault.
IT ROCKS IT ROCK IT ROCKS!
Thats what i would say if i were stupid, GREAT MOD, BETTER THAN ORIGINAL JK, if they had these graphics, sabers etc. in the original it would have been like a 10x bigger hit
More often than not, when one plays through Jedi Knight levels with these mods activated via Patch Commander, one may find that if a saber duel against a Dark Jedi is saved and then later replayed, that when it is reloaded the enemy's blade is INVISIBLE to the eye, yet it is still there because it can still do damage against the player when the invisible lightsaber strikes the player's body. Nothing kills the immersiveness of these dueling levels more than facing an opponent who's lightsaber is invisible.
After MANY hours of tinkering around with different approaches to restoring the glow to these invisible blades, I've found a solution that has worked for me every time for the original Jedi Knight missions, and has worked in the few custom levels that I've tried replaying. I'm assuming that due to the similarities between the coding of the games, that this solution may also work for the SBX mod for the Mysteries of the Sith expansion missions.
First, make sure that you save the dueling level immediately when it first starts to play the in-game movie. ALWAYS reload the level from this point.
When you later reload the level, you MAY still be facing an enemy with an invisible lightsaber, BUT if you allow yourself to be killed you WILL be able to see the glowing lightsaber when the dueling level RESTARTS.
Yes, it is sort of anticlimatic to allow yourself to get immediately hacked to pieces, but at least when the level restarts you will be able to experience the level in all of its glory and as the mod makers originally intended.
Now, will someone PLEASE come up with a patch that allows Non Player Characters to have their sabers generate glowing motion trails during a single player game?
I LOVE these mods. Great work everyone! I hope that this solution helps everyone enjoy these mods more thoroughly.
........Very easily I think.
Of course I give it a 10.
ShadowX made a confusion in his spirit :
- 2 stars : instead of stopping 25% of the damage it undergoes only 25% of the damage.
- 4 stars : instead of stopping 50% of the damage it undergoes only 50% of the damage.
- 6 stars : instead of stopping 75% of the damage it undergoes only 75% of the damage.
- 8 stars : instead of stopping 100% of the damage it undergoes 100% of the damage.
It's a pity because force defense is a good force skill for beginners and game format personalities loses its interest with SBX.
P.S. I'm french. Sorry if you don't understand me.