The Massassi Temple » Files » MotS Single Player Level
This is only the first part of an Episode that was intended to be seperated into 2-3 Missions, unfortunately I never managed to finish more than this part. As it's only the first part there are LOTS of unanswered questions... that were supposed to be answered in the next two episodes. I hope you still enjoy that unfinished piece of my work.
|FastGamerr||Posted: 05/11/04 18:55 Report AbuseThis is a good MotS-level, it has decent and good architechture, cutscenes and great gameplay... and the story would be nice to see completed, but no. ;)
So download it, or curse yourself because you don't have MotS. :)
|The_Mega_ZZTer||Posted: 05/11/04 19:40 Report AbuseOnly things wrong with it is that there isn't enough batteries/health/shields at times... but... wow... 10/10 this level is easily one of the best I've played. FINISH THE REST NOW. :D|
|Daft_Vader||Posted: 05/11/04 22:38 Report AbuseI'm just thrilled to a see a new SP level! I'm downloading now! From what people have said above it sounds brilliant!|
|DS-181-4||Posted: 05/12/04 12:46 Report Abusescreens look good, but i'm not rating coz i aint played but....
w0007777!!! more MotS!!!!
|DSettahr||Posted: 05/12/04 14:53 Report AbuseI just played through it, and I think you did an excellent job. Good work.|
|obi-groo||Posted: 05/12/04 16:08 Report AbuseHow come most of the screenshots people submit are so dark that you can hardly see anything?|
|Darth Slaw||Posted: 05/12/04 21:01 Report AbuseSome ppl don't play with gamma level 9 ;).
Anyway. great level. I got stuck a few times, but managed to get past them. But I am completely stumped at the door that needs a key to open. I'll probably figure it out eventually though.
10 for an excellent experience, awesome cutscenes, and dark troopers :D. (though if possible, next time please add actual talking instead of just printing text with a beep, or release separate patches to do it. Just my 2 cents...). Some of the dark troopers have vader sounds, but some have stormtrooper sounds and sound like humans -- was that intentional?
|Kievan Mereel||Posted: 05/13/04 20:38 Report AbuseYou don't see very many MotS Singleplayer levels come out, but when they do, they are quality. Elmo has provided us with a very good level.
* This level is a perfect example of putting detail into each and every room. There isn't a single boxy sector in the whole level, but he didn't go overboard into details, either. The layout looks like a functional facility, and isn't sprawled over a large area, but has plenty of locked doors to make it seem larger than it is.
* This level has that 'Star Wars feel' which is missing from many levels.
- Architecture - Every window and doorway has sloped corners
- New textures and 3dos look good (especially the doors and crates) and are in style with the movies.
- Aurabesh used, but reading it isn't critical to finding your way
- Well known characters with good skins
* The interactivity with the AI used in the level was something that I think made it a LOT more personal and immersive. It is not included in many other levels, and I think using it puts this level a step above the crowd.
- Following the mouse droid at the beginning of the level to the Radio room -- very Star Wars-y but hard to know you should do it. If the message over the intercom had mentioned it I wouldn't have gotten lost right after I started the level.
- I thought working with the technician to delete the plans was fun, though unfortunately short.
* Good script and cutscenes. The actors' lines weren't very awkward, longwinded, or cheesy, and the cutscenes were short and fun to watch. "Gah, who am I talking to?" lol :D
* The level included puzzles and suprises, which kept it from being a "shoot your way to the end" thing. Working ladders were an interesting addition also.
* No objectives. Functionally they are given in the cutscenes, but they don't show up in your datapad. They easily could have been added.
* Kyle goes on a mission without a weapon - what was he thinking? He doesn't have his lightsaber or force powers either, but one of the cutscenes made it seem like we'd find out more about this in a later episode.
* Experienced lag during some cutscenes, but not during gameplay (which is good).
* The red key is too hard to find - I had to open the level in Jed to find it. (It's hidden underneath an exploding barrel - which one I won't tell. Just think "red". ;))
* Many of the switches were too low. I shouldn't have to crouch or look down to activate them.
* An intriguing story with a cliffhanger ending -- and Elmo's not going to finish the series?! He really should write the story and give it to someone to make the levels so we can find out how this ends!
This level really does have more pros then cons despite what I've written. I can tell Elmo has put a lot of work into this, and it shows. I give "Dawn of a Downfall" a 9.
|Elmo||Posted: 06/19/04 14:05 Report AbuseThanks for all the comments!
1.) Kyle goes on that mission without his lightsaber, because this mission is set between JO and MotS (but that isn't clear from the part of the story that is there right now)
2.) Argh... I simply forgot about adding the objectives...
Add a Comment | Register for Commenting System
© Copyright 1998-2016 Brian E. Lozier and Contributors
Nothing on this site is made, distributed, or supported by LucasArts Entertainment Company or Disney. This site was created by and is maintained by fans of Star Wars and Star Wars gaming. Use and download all information/files at your own risk.